In My Store

Sunday, October 24, 2010

False Facades and All

I've taken a shine to faces.  Sculpting faces that is.  Not sure why, but I've completed one and am working on another one.  Here's a link to my facebook album aptly entitled, "The Many Faces of Bareness."

This is the first face in this series I've finished.  I call him, "Slew-Eyed Joaquin."

I've watched videos on you tube by joanna mozdzen and , Philippe Faraut. I'll be looking for more vids to watch soon.

I'm also on a goblet phase.  I'll be missing the EMT goblet challenge because mine won't be done in time, but i have a few pics of it.  The one on the right in the picture is the one i'd submit if I could get it ready in time.  it's upside down for the picture.  Click on forward or backward and you'll see other views of this one and others in work.

I've been looking at videos of potters making goblets and the one by Simon Leach works best for me.
1.  Simon Leach
2.  Charles Hughes
3.  Tim See

Well, that's all she wrote.  Oh, and please meet Slew-Eyed Joaquin:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say